Robin's Nest

Monday, September 26, 2016

The Ticking of So Many Clocks

As I sit here in my home office desk, I find myself thinking about what is coming. No, not the winter snow. It probably has something to do with seven clocks ticking away and them striking the hour. Most of the time they don’t strike all at the same time. To me, it’s a symphony of multiple speed of ticking and many tones in the chimes and chirping of the cuckoo clocks. Yes, multiple.
I’m reminded of the line, “time and tides wait for no man”. Life ticks away before we know it, if we let it. And in moments like this, it causes me to go ever deeper into the inner person that I am. You probably do the same. I reflect on where I have been, the roads I have travelled, places I have been to and all the adventures we call life experiences. Along the way of our life journey we cross bridges that make us take pause and smile just because we are there. We experience amazing vistas of mountain top grandeur and struggle through dark valleys where it seems the sun never shines. It all comes together and we call it life. And it's good.
An amazing part of our life on this earth is, we are not on this journey alone. We have companions who come into our life for just those moment. Our moments and many times their moments. Just like in church were we talked today about raising a child takes a village. Looking around there today, I notice all those who are journeying through life together. Again, it gives me pause and I smile. What an amazing life were we have so many others to walk with and enjoy the journey together.
For us of faith, we have someone else who walks with us. Jesus is always there when we call out His name. He is there so we can share the triumphs, struggles, and experience together life’s defining moments. But He is not there just to stroll along, He also talks to us and guides us, and at times he even carries us. What an amazing experience it is.
And what’s coming? I don’t know. But one thing I do know;
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.
Something to think about.
Rob.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home