Robin's Nest

Monday, October 31, 2016

One Big Eraser



We all have lives that twist and turn. We might even think of life as navigating a maze. Most of the time we don’t know where we are going, or for that matter, where we have been. Even with five senses we have trouble, and some just seem to get it first time around. A typical thought for me at 2am and not being able to sleep.
Maybe I have too much time on my hands and too many thoughts that clog the mind while going in so many directions. I remember seeing a video of a mouse trying to work its way through a wooden maze to get to the cheese. With only its sense of smell moving it forward, it found the prize. When it did, I think we all cheered.  
Most of the time when I wake up I’m thinking of people I know and care about. I try not to get too bent out of shape or interfere. It is then that I realize, I can only pray for each of them and let them find their own way through the maze of life. I pray harder for those I know are at a dead end and don’t know which way to turn. After all, been there and done that. For me, it’s hard to let them learn on their own, to find their way out and to the prize. Just thought, when we get to the end of the maze, we find freedom.
Paul talked about life as a race and “pressing on to take hold of the prize…” When I watched that mouse, I so wanted for him to be able to understand the directions I was screaming out to him. I was calling out with everything that is within me to let him know which way to go. Do you realize that God is doing something similar when He watches us navigate life. Just want you to know, God has a very large eraser to help us find His way. 
As I write this I can hear David’s words in Psalms, “Where can I go where you are not there”. And even though James Taylor didn’t write his song with God in mind, it sure is reassuring to think of God in our life at those moments in life when we stare at a dead end, - and start to hear God say to us;
You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running…
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home