Robin's Nest

Thursday, August 04, 2016

TGIM

Don’t you just love to receive good news. know I do. Did you know that a few people we know from USA told me last week that we are so lucky to have a long weekend right in the middle of the summer and they wish they had one as well. Good news to me. We didn’t invite them to move here. And good news is not just having an extra day off, as there are many more ways of experiencing good news. A friend bought a new car and told me all about how great it is. Another smiled as they told me their due date is one week away. Someone else sold their house and have downsizing and they are excited.
You know and I know full well that everyday is not always full of good news. Some news is, well, not that good. Take those same friends in USA who don’t have a good choice of candidates in November. Some of us have Mondays. Not me but I know others who just can’t get excited about Monday morning. Some kids are like that when school come, right Emily?
I read something this last week that came through the screen at me. I read, “I hate getting up on Monday morning, but I thank the Lord I can.” It reminded me that with every thing that comes along, there might be that silver lining that my mother always told me about. Life is full of ups and downs, Some downs can just be our perception and turn out to be in reality a good news thing. I have to let you know there is good news that rockets us to the sky and we feel amazing.
Just like knowing Christ and realized that there is nothing we have do to get to heaven. The Good News of the gospel is, Christ paid the price of our sin. Our sins are remembered no more and we have a one way ticket to heaven. I really don’t have to earn that ticket. No Monday morning work to get God’s favour. God’s grace, the best Good News of all, is a free gift we just have to ask for. Maybe that is the reason way back, someone came up with a new translation of the New Testament and named it “Good News For Modern Man” So when we are not experiencing any great news, just can pick it up and read all about God’s Good News. I have some more great news for you, Jesus Loves You!
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home