Robin's Nest

Monday, June 06, 2016

Lost & Not Found



Have you ever lost something and can’t seem to find it? That happened yesterday for me. Let me make this a little clearer. I misplace things all the time but yesterday was one of those, “SURPRISE! you can’t find me” moments. Now you know what I mean. The search was on.

It was almost time for church and I was looking for the microphone. Nope, not where I usually put it. That meant getting into search mode very quickly. We spent valuable time looking for it to no avail. Then the pulpit microphone was not working that well and Karen helped me out with her line mic and worship went on.

The search continued early Monday morning. Well, let’s just say, it’s still not here. But there was good news to this story of lost and found. In my search I found something that went missing four weeks ago and some other things that disappeared, or went in hiding during the last month. My theory is, these items do this just to get me. They hide and only come out to be found when we have gone and bought a replacement. Maybe that’s why I loved the movie Toy Story & Winnie The Pooh, so much.

I haven’t given up on it yet. I’m still searching.  At the same time, I’m pleased it’s not that difficult to find God.  I’m glad the Bible tells me that when I search for God, in those moments when I am searching for something for my soul, I will find Him. We can move away from God in many ways but in His wisdom, He knows we need Him and will come searching for the only one who holds the future. We read about it in Jeremiah 29:13, “And you will seek me, and find me, when you will search for me with all your heart”. And you can take that one to the bank.

Something to think about.

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home