Robin's Nest

Monday, May 23, 2016

Change of Direction Indicators



Many people were on the road this past weekend.  I know, I was one of them. When you drive for five hours you start to entertain yourself, especially when you are alone. After all the normal thoughts that goes through your head and the singing of too many songs on the radio, it became a one sided conversation and when the other half of me was not getting involved in the conversation I decided I would start to notice the activities of other drives that bother other drivers. So I’m talking about us good drivers who get pretty annoyed at other drivers who have forgotten the rules of the road most of the time. It usually revolves around one or two particular thing other drives do not do that they should do. Maybe next time I will enumerate the good things drivers do.
I don't know about what bothers you but I think that most drivers get more upset about drivers failing to indicate where they are going than anything else. I was going to start a study to find out which cars no longer have directional indicators installed at the factory because the evidence indicates there are quite a few. Started to keep a tally but then I thought of that verse about forgiving 70X7 times.
Then again, the manual stipulates that any time you are going to turn, or change lanes; you need to indicate this move so that other drivers know what you are planning on doing before you do it. Maybe you would be able to keep count for me and let me know how many you see it in a day.
But don't we need to do the same thing in life as well, especially to those close to us. Most of the time we let people know where we are going and maybe we hope they want to join us. In living we set goals of where we are headed and the turns we experience in life. We have short term ones and long term ones. But we also have spiritual goals as well. This past week I attended the memorial service of a dear friend. This person knew where they were going. They even told everyone they saw, where and what God and Eternity was all about. My bible tells me that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Do you know where you are going?
I know where I'm going and pray I am using my indicators. If people see something of God in me and want to listen, I will let them know all about my friend Jesus and how you can get there to see Him. Use your indicators to show we are going to be following Christ and He knows the way better than any GPS. Follow Him.
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home