Robin's Nest

Monday, June 27, 2016

Little Things



“It’s the little things in life that count.” That’s what I have heard most of my life. I even heard it when I bought my first car. By the way, it was a very large car at eighteen feet, two inches. My mom told me that as she looked at its size. Let’s think about it for a moment. Ask the mother of a brand new little, little baby if that line is true. Watch a child’s eyes light up when they receive a small simple sucker for no reason at all. You're welcome Toby.

I had something small happen to me this morning. As I drove to work I started to notice that I was getting a lot of green lights at 4:34am. Guess I didn’t notice it at first. Even the light that is always red was green this morning. I thought to myself with a smile on my face, “Bonus”. It was green again when I pulled off the QEW at Bronte Road and headed north to green after green. I smiled more. But the big light was coming up, Dundas and Bronte. Always red, well 99 times out of 100. Someone was already there and when I started to pull up to a stop, it changed and I kept going.

Those sort of small things brightened my day and I thought I would share them so you can be encouraged to also look for the little things in life that count for you today. There are so many little things that brighten all of our lives we just have to notice them. We don’t because we are way too busy. Things like a casual smiling hello as you walk along on you day is a little thing. Seeing a new tomato blossom on the vine, is a little thing. Sneezing and having someone say, “God Bless You”. You get the idea.

This week as you go through your days and nights, take notice. Watch for some small insignificant things happening and realize more as each day unfolds that the little things in life don’t just count they add up to something greater. Five loaves and two fish were just little things, but in the hands of Jesus… but I can image seeing the smile on His face when He looked to heaven and says something like this: “Father, let’s make a little thing huge.”

Something to think about.
Rob  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home