Robin's Nest

Monday, July 11, 2016

Take A Break



Almost got run over the other day.  Four times! I was in the grocery store picking up a few things, minding my own business when bam! This person came out of nowhere and I assume they were running late as they almost run me over. Not too minutes later, in the produce isle, someone did it again. What’s with these people in a hurry? Mind you, I do try to stay out of people’s way in the store as I take my time. I even take my time in the chocolate isle admiring the wonderful packaging and keep on going.
Groceries in the boot and slowly start to back out and, bam, someone comes flying down the row and almost taking out my groceries in the trunk. After they keep going I get out on the street and proceed home. I don’t have to tell you about the fourth one as we all experience aggressive drivers every day. Weaving in and out of traffic maybe thinking their agenda is more important than ours.
It got me to thinking. With this world in so much of a hurry, we need to learn how to take a break. That is what our children are doing right now. It might even be something we can work into our weekly schedule, just like the husbands at the mall. The wife and children go off shopping and we men find a nice chair and just sit and watch people go by.
If Jesus is your role model, can you remember what He did when He was tired of all He was doing? He “went off to a solitary place and talked to His Father”. What a great thing to do. Once, before our too busy lives got in the way, we used to go into church early on Sunday morning and just sat and prayed to the same Father Jesus prayed to. It always felt good and can feel right again.
Something to think about.  
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home