Robin's Nest

Sunday, November 01, 2015

Are They All Fads?




Did you know that most fads come and go as quickly as eating a Taco? Then again, the occasional one drags on and on. Like men’s pants falling off. No idea why anyone would want to do that but I remember the first time I saw it in 1971. Here are a couple from just this year.  Very long cardigans.  Why? Who knows? Then there is flannel around the waist. Again, I don’t know why.  Here is one no one can answer. For men, beards & top knots. What? And these are just recent ones.



They come and go. I remember a couple from when I was a teen. Not around now but it seemed to be cool to have go-go boots and mini-skirts.  Not me mind you.



This is what I think. It’s just some strange way to be different. My granddaughter goes to school with two different socks on every day. MMMM. The good side is she never has to search for the match. Kind a fun I would think. I don’t think I can do it but she can pull it off with style. Every one of us wants to have something different about ourselves. Something that makes us stand out from the rest of the crowd.



I did it when I was young and sometimes continue to do it on occasion just because.



Back then I dressed like Harry Belafonte but without the tan. The wonderful thing is, no matter what fad we engage in, almost everyone accepts it. Parts of letting each person do their thing.



It’s not a stretch to recognize that God did this right from the start. Wasn’t called a fad back then. I was just each person was created by God as an individual and that was awesome. Today, we are all different.  We look different, act different, even think very differently. And that is the beauty of God’s highest creation. He knew us before we were born. He gave us our personality, our likes and dislikes and created us all perfect.



So when you look at someone who looks or acts a little different, remember God created them and what He created is wonderful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home