Robin's Nest

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Making Time For What's Important



One of the most difficult things for many of us is to find enough time. Do you have time to do all you want to? Or all you need to? Or all you wish you had the time for? Or all you should do? Don’t like that word, should. We are all in the same predicament. God has only given us 24 hours in a day. No more, no less.
You can even break it down further and say, you have one thousand four hundred and forty minutes in each day. Does that help? Didn’t think so, it didn’t for me either. I won’t take it down to the number of seconds because with me, in most cases at the end of the day I’m asking myself, where did the time go.
Even this week as we were working around the place with a couple of family & friends, one of them said to me, “you are one more day closer to not being done.” It was funny at the time but so much the reality of what might be.
Here is the other side of the coin. We all have time to do the things we love to do. A fellow, who is really excited about his new car, has the time to wash it almost daily. The lady who loves to knit, like those I talk to at the Knit & Chat of Macassa, always can make time for knitting. I guess it has something to do with priorities.
Yes, it all depends on priorities and what we value the most. Take a few minutes and make a list of what are your priorities. Then make a list of what you value the most. What do you spend time on, or what do you like doing that brings a smile to your face and excitement in your heart? No, go ahead, I’ll wait.
Got your list? Good. Now, pick your number one item. The one that is most important to you. Go through the list, putting them in order of importance. Yes, this takes more time but I can wait. Done? Good. Oh, one final question. Where is God on your list?
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home