Robin's Nest

Monday, November 18, 2013

Get Some Sleep



Are you a morning person?  Or maybe you’re a night owl. We’ve heard of both and I know which one I am. The interesting thing is, I don’t know word is used for a person who gets up at a normal time and goes to bed at a normal time.  I know there are lots of you out there. When I was young most of us got up around 7:30 and went to bed after the 11 o’clock news. Back then it was considered normal.  That was until a tv station moved the news to ten and everyone went to bed by eleven.
If truth were told, there is no such thing as normal. And to prove that, just get to know the sleeping habits of any teenager. I would imagine there have been lots of studies on our youth and their sleep habits which are so different then, should I say it, ‘normal’ adults. But, really, there is no such thing as normal when it comes to sleeping. What works for you works and that’s that.
When I was in my twenties I believed that sleep was an interruption to all the things I wanted to do in life. Sleep for me was short and sweet. I called it the biggest waste of time. That was until I had to sleep following open heart surgery. Now, sleep is no longer a disruption but a necessity which keeps me going through my waking hours.
This probably means things change in some ways. Our lives change. Yes, I’m still an early riser but it also means I go to bed early. But more than that, other things in our lives change as we get older or even more mature.  Back then I thought I might be indispensable. After all someone might need my help or someone would need to call me anytime to talk. It has taken me years to realize that, yes, people sometimes need me to talk to or be by their side. But more than this, now I realize something more important. No not just that I need more sleep. I realize that God never sleeps and He will take care of each of us.  After all, isn’t it true what the song says?
“People need the Lord, people need the Lord.
When will we realize, people need the Lord?"
Something to think about. 
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home