Robin's Nest

Monday, June 10, 2013

PERFECT!



How many times have you heard something and scratched your head? Exactly. Me to. Like, who comes up with these things? I know that when they say this is the ‘car’ of the year, they have facts and statistics and, well, a number of things and issues that go to prove the worthiness of each vehicle being considered.
I imagine it’s the same with some others like, truck of the year. Or maybe even the best computer, printer, or telephone to buy compared to all the rest. Here is where I scratch my head. Just recently I heard a commercial that toted a website that you can go to to find a competent carpenter, plumber, electrician etc. And for those people who have had work done you can nominate your choice. MMMMMMM. I’m not saying but wondering if anyone stacks their own deck. The reason I say that is, each year some papers have this Reader’s Choice campaign. And each business gets everyone that goes there to choose and vote for them. I know because the gym I go to prints out hundreds of ballots. But how do those who vote know if it’s any good if they have not compared it to other business places? Same things with Canadian Idol I imagine?
Even if there are comparisons, isn’t it subjective? We all have our preferences, and our own likes and dislikes. Yes there might be criteria but in the end isn’t it all to do with preferences? A long time ago I was doing some research on facial features. There on my computer were websites devoted to each item on the list. The World’s Best Lips, The World’s Bests noses, The World’s Best Eyes. They went on and on.
Again, as I looked over first place, second place etc., I realized they were nice but, . . . it’s another case of being subjective. And that is the point. Subjectivity. God said that He made each and every one of us, ‘in His image’. That tells me He doesn’t make junk. Your not junk, I'm not junk. There are no assembly line lemons made on Friday afternoon shift. It even said that He knit you together in your mother’s womb. Subjective? Maybe to us but not to God. He created you perfect, and beautiful, full of everything that makes us unique, amazing and perfect in every way. There is nothing we can do to make us any better than He created us to be. You see I don’t think He made any mistakes in making you – or me.
I remember watching an artist one time. She mixed colours, and brush strokes. Many times she stopped, took a step back and just stared at the painting. After a while she stepped back for the lasts time and said, “Perfect”.  And that is what God did in you. Now, as with the artist, stand in front of that mirror and say to yourself, “Perfect”! After all, I believe that is what He said when He created you.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home