Robin's Nest

Monday, June 24, 2013

Early Morning Sunrise

Morning started early today. So early you don’t want to know. Before long I was out the door and taking care of an early morning errand. The cooler night breeze was nice after living through a very hot yesterday. Gazing into the summer haze of what we have grown to expect in summer, was the full moon. Even as I looked up I realize that the light it gives off is not its own. It’s only the reflection of a greater light. A light that even though it is off somewhere in the north east had not yet started to make itself know to me at this early hour.
That is how the day dawned. Dawned? Interesting word, especially as we remember the old saying, “It’s always darkest before the dawn.” I’m a sunset kind of guy. Love to go and watch them. Feel the peace they bring before sleep envelops me. Some are more amazing, more awe inspiring than others, but they all have this, this, draw on me. Then there are the odd times that I have opportunity to witness the opposite phenomena, and that is the dawning of a new very long, very hot and hazy summer day in late June. This was one of those precious moment.
It was just past 4:30am when I noticed something off to my left. There in the distance over the big city was a faint ribbon of light, so faint indeed that I even questioned my own vision. Was I seeing right? This early? After a couple more glances out the side of the car I realized I was not seeing things. It was true. For there just above the dark clouds of the lower sky was dawn. It was coming again. But coming differently, and not unlike the sunset, it will never the same. Never a hint of been there done that. Just a scratch of light changing the black sky by pushing away the darkness.
I had to pull over, turn off the car and get out in the quietness of the morning and witness the amazing slender of the moon on one side of the road and the dawn on the other. You had to be there and see the wonder of Gods creativity in His splendour. 
As I said they are all different this experience seemed wonderfully different. Away from the hustle and bustle of our lives, in the tranquillity of the moment out in the country so far away from the lights and noise of the city, I realized again, we live complex lives. We face one way and our life possesses only a sliver of light but we turn around and see that it has opportunity to reflecting off something else. That my friend is just before God comes and pushes the darkness away. As I stood there in the spender of God’s creation, I reflected on dark moments in my life, and in yours, when God shone brighter than everything else we knew as true and right and proper.  This is what it means to be a child of the King. It is when Jesus does the same thing in our lives. Jesus Christ brings light into those dark days that we just can’t shake. It’s not only a true light but the only light that can push back the darkness and we can again experience a bright new dawning in our lives not unlike this morning in the sky above me. Then, and only then, do we have opportunity to reflect His light.
Something to think about.



Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home