Robin's Nest

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

I Will Follow Him.

Yes, this is the beginning of a new year. All that the Mayans seemed to have been pointing to never happened. We are still here. The world did not end and we now have to face up to the fact that we have to pay the bills coming in the mail any day now. But really people, we will now be jumping into this new year with both feet. No leaving one foot in the old. Time to embrace what’s right there in front of us.
But what does that mean to each of us. Someone said yesterday on the radio about starting a new year fresh. Clean the slate if you will. Their thought was that we could do the same thing every month, and even every day. Sounds like a plan. Actually sounds like something I said thirty-five years.
If we are indeed going to jump in with both feet, are we going to follow the leader or are we going to take the lead? Which leads me to this question. Who will lead the charge? Are you going to be the one to not only be the first to get going but is the example? I don't know if that is my role. Not saying I can’t lead but to surge ahead and be first, not so much. Could have something to do with not feeling exactly adequate for this particular task. Which gets me to thinking. Maybe, just maybe, I might be better off just leading myself. After all I don't know where you are going this year or where you want to end up three hundred fifty days from now. We all have our own particular idea of where we want to go, who we want to follow and what will be accomplished by this time next year.
I believe we are fit for our own course in life. We might know where we would like to be at this time next year, or at least have an idea. We just have to start somewhere. That somewhere is found in looking to a role model who is perfect in every way for each one of us individually.
That role model can only be Jesus Christ himself. Remember His words to the disciples, ". . . follow Me.” Are you ready?  Are you willing? Are you able? I know you are. You can do it. You will do it. After all, we are following the only one who knows where we are going and how to get there. Take up His call and you will get to where you are going better than you could ever imagine. And you will become a true Christ follower.
Something to think about
Happy New Year
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home