Robin's Nest

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Good Enough?


Do you have a philosophy of life? I know, they change. Things happen in life, times change, we change and life just goes where it wants to go. At those time we sometimes see the need for or just move on and that causes us to have a change in our philosophy of life.
Take for instance our philosophy at say, sixteen. Many young vim and vinegar boys, yes boys, had the attitude, "I know, just ask me." Quite a statement. Then they found out they didn't and things changed. On entering university it could have changed to, "I'm mouldable". Still later it may have moved to "Learning is Lifetime."
Now that we are old-er things have changed again. Part of life change could have brought you to succumbing or degenerated to a philosophy of, "It's just good to be alive." Or this one; "Enough is Enough". Personally I will hold my verdict on those two. You see, I don't care how old I get. As long as I'm mobile and active, I believe I want to attack each and every day with as much vigor and determination that I can muster to make this day the best day of my life at this time of life. Do you get that?
Again, let's go back to Moses. Being a shepherd was not the most glamorous occupation. But it was good for the time and he could keep warm with the wool and eat all the mutton he wanted. Then God's plan for his life everything. He didn't change, but I would guess his philosophy changed. After all he may have thought, "not much different leading sheep as leading people." Not easy on both accounts. But he moved on, moved forward. His philosophy could have changed to: here it is sports fans: "I can do all things. . . . . . . through Christ who strengthens me."
What we really have to decide is which side of the line we want to live on. The side of self- preservation, or the side of God. The same things in life come at us no matter what side we are on. The difference is, we have someone to walk with on the one side while on the other, life can be too heavy to bear alone. I have also discovered over my too many years of life, the attitude we have changes when we walk on God's side. He gives us everything we need to make decisions, accept challenges, and make it through. I also believe He puts within us a wonderful positive frame of mind when we walk hand in hand with Him.
A long time ago, while making steps in life that included God, a philosophy presented itself to me. It came in the philosophy of a big band leader. His name was Artie Shaw. Shaw said it and I still try to live it today because I believe that it fits into my ideal of who we are in God's sight and how we approach life and what God has called us to. I believe if you do the same, if you can carry this forward each and every day for the rest of our life, we will glorify God in everything you say and do. Artie said, “Good Enough Is Not Good Enough!” Good enough at knitting, or doing Sudoku or whatever. It's taking it into you occupation, into your home, your personal life, your church life. And it's biblical. It tells me and you, “Whatever you do, do all to the Glory of God." I Cor 10:31
Something to think about

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home