Robin's Nest

Sunday, August 10, 2008

You Can't Hide. . .

Do you remember the commercial on tv where the kid’s play hide and seek on the school playground? You know, the one where they were on the asphalt where there was nowhere to hide. Well, I have been thinking of it lately. This thought came about while I watched two young girls playing the same game.
I believe that everyone has at one time or another played that game. For most, it was when we were very young. We played it with children our own age. Others will have played it with our siblings. At those times, we had in our homes discovered that special place that no one knew about. The problem with those hiding places, they were so good, no one ever found us. So there we lay, wondering if they were coming. Then discovering to our chagrin that we had fallen asleep and an hour had passed and no one was looking for us.
It doesn’t take long for any of us to remember those certain hiding spots. But it also doesn’t take long to remember the outcome of hiding so well. It meant the game was over. And not only was it over but they didn’t tell anyone they couldn’t find us. No one came looking for us.
I distinctly remember one of those times. I counted to one hundred and started out looking and looking. Quickly moving from one room to the next. Being we had a small house there were not many rooms to look into. After checking all the rooms and not finding the one whose turn it was to hide I started all over again. This time I took my time. I searched under, over, in and behind. One room followed by another, by another, well, you get the idea. I believed they were nowhere to be found. I was stumped. Do you remember giving up? When we would give up, we would call out to the one hiding that we indeed give up. To our surprise and we each did it, they would appear as if from nowhere and we never did know where they had hidden.
The reason that I thought came as I read the words of Psalms 139. “Where can I hide from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?” God knows where we are every second of every day of every week. He knows. We cannot hide from Him. There He is just standing back watching us do things we know we shouldn’t and He knows . . . But there is something more amazing than that. Are you ready for this? God can always be found. That one is in Jeremiah 29. “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Did you notice something? There is a qualifier to find God. Just like when I slowed down and took my time to find the one that was hiding, I had to do it with all that is within me. The same is true when we seek God. We need, no, we must search for God, who lovingly knows where you are, and find Him.
Whatever you are searching for in your life, you can find it in Him. Whom are you searching for?
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home