Robin's Nest

Monday, January 13, 2020

You'll Never Walk Alone

I’m guessing there are days you think the same things I'm think: 'Life can be difficult'. As you have heard me say in the past, ‘you and I walk on the same ground'. And sometimes we wish we could float above the pavement. Sorry to say, not going to happen. The reality is, sometimes, ‘we have to walk that lonely highway’. Yes, that’s a song but it’s wrong. Walking alone is a self preservation decision many of us make.

As a society we continue to hide behind the phrase, ‘I’m good, how about you?’ We all say it, even me. You see, God and I have had some serious conversations of late about having some tough times. This week I made the decision to share it with you. If this is what I'm thinking, it's only understandable many of you are suffer in silence as well. And before this was to be sent out this morning, God showed up.

There was a God Moment last night while watching ‘God Friended Me’. We heard the one line in the show that stood out. There is always a line in every show or movie. You just have to listen for them.  It not only stood out but it was an answer to all I was thinking. It went something like this, ‘It would be nice to not have to pretend everything is alright.’

What? It's not too difficult to realize we all have our crosses to carry. Someone we know is in hospital, another is sitting at home nursing a damaged wrist, another is quietly at home with their only company being the tv and the pizza deliveryman. There are also others who work so long and hard, they can’t hold their head up to even watch the 6oclock news. What is yours? At church too many years ago I asked in the sermon, 'What draws you to church on Sunday?' John answered saying; 'It's the only time in my week where I can just sit quietly away from my busy week.'

Maybe that is why God wrote in the Bible to never stop meeting together, so we can encourage each other and read His word to get strength to get through. We, all of us, need each other to either lean on or to encourage each other. At 5 am this morning, God had another special something for me & indirectly for you. It happened when I opened up my computer to read my daily verse. Psalms 119:105; “By Your words I can see where I’m going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path. I’ve committed myself and I’ll never turn back from living by your righteous order. Everything’s falling apart on me, GOD; put me together again with your Word.” He did it again!

Something to think about.

Need someone to talk to? Drop me a line.

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home