Robin's Nest

Monday, October 21, 2019

Driving in the Fast Lane


I had an interesting drive last Friday.  I had gone to meet someone first thing in the morning.  Later, on my way home, my mind was taking in almost everything around me. Things like, the sky, clouds, people plowed fields, animals in the paddock, but mostly the traffic. At one point of the drive home the traffic pattern perked my interest in relations to how we are told to drive one way but most people drive another. What's with that?

Here I was passing a few slower cars by driving in the centre lane. About a mile or so later I came up behind a slower vehicle in the fast lane. The curb lane seemed empty, so I thought I would break the law, yes, you can check that out, and pass that car in the curb lane. It was then that I noticed that there were in fact about twenty slower cars in the fast lane going that speed due to one particular driver. This is what I thought. One person can be the individual that will cause us to break the law if we move over to speed up to the posted speed limit. And nineteen people will just sit back and go slow waiting for the slow driver to move over and let them by instead of breaking the law and pass on the right. I know it’s trivial, but it had me think about how we do the same thing life, and the same thing in our spiritual journey.

Sometimes in life when this happens we need to flash our lights, honk our horn and encourage them to obey the law which tells us to keep right except to pass. Maybe in some ways, we are moving too slowly in showing the Christ in us the hope of Glory. We are moving through life, totally oblivious to the people around us who are in the fast lane behind us and we hinder them from getting excited about where they are going in life and in their spiritual journey. We can all get up to speed, can’t we?

My prayer is that all of us will get up to speed and know the excitement of knowing Christ and how He can change our lives.

Something to think about.

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home