Robin's Nest

Monday, December 02, 2019

Who Am I Talking Too?


Every one of us has had those annoying ‘telemarketers’ phone calls. They call you at the most inappropriate times. Well, it seems so. I want you to know something about these calls to help you with them.

When your phone rings, let it ring three times before you pick it up.  This goes for every call that comes to your phone. You see, their computer dials three numbers at a time and the first one to pick it up gets the call. The other two, get what is called ‘dead air’. This means you were not the first one to pick up their call.

Here is the next part of this problem. Their computer dialing takes note of what time of the day it was when you picked it up and they will continue to call about the same time each day until they talk to you. Then after a good number of no pickups on your part the computer deletes your number. On top of the three rings, also, say hello once, and if you don’t hear someone talk to you, hang up immediately and never say hello more than once.

I followed my advice last week and just as I was ready to hang up, someone said, “Hi, so nice to hear a voice instead of a hang up. MMMMMMMMMM, interesting, but still a telemarketer.  The conversation was about supporting a certain political party with a donation. I said no, that is not something I do. The person, or so I thought, said, “I understand, but maybe you could give a lesser amount”. This was repeated again.

This is where I realized that I was not talking to a person but I was talking to a machine and it was talking back to me.  They call it, Artificial Intelligence. It blew me away for a few minutes after I hung up. I was talking to a computer and it was talking back to me. did some checking and there are already 13 thing artificial intelligence impacts our lives today.

I am so glad that I can talk to God, who is real. He can talk to me and it’s real, very real.  

The song is true, “He walks with me and He talks with me. . . “

Something to think about

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home