Robin's Nest

Monday, September 04, 2017

Thou Shalt Not . . .



I think there are more security vehicles out there than I can ever remember. Seems like one or two pass me every time I’m on my way to work at 5am. Part of getting old I guess. There was a time when the only security vehicle around was called a ‘Brinks Truck’. Today, everything is a security issue. Churches are even putting up security cameras. What’s that all about?
Recently I had a conversation about this and said the people in the church in Saskatchewan used to show up at church in the middle of winter and just leave their cars running. Yes, fifty cars sitting outside the church, doors unlocked, keys in the ignition, idling away.
I find myself thinking back to when I was young and yet, we all do it. My parents did it and I didn’t like it but now I do the same thing. Here is the line, “When I was your age". But, back to security.
Everyone seems to ‘need’ home security and car alarms and locks for everything else. It is getting to the point where there are locks made for anything. And even when we lock things up we hire security people to watch over it.  Seems like the only thing safe in this world is your soul. Even Satan is trying to steal that. Maybe all this stuff started in 1988 when they took the Lord’s Prayer out of the school just because a few people were offended.
But listen to this verse in Proverbs, “Above everything else, guard your heart. Everything you do comes from it”. That means we are to protect our heart so that everything we do in life is good and right and true and no one will have to have locks because our hearts are in the right place. And that place is in the hands of Jesus.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home