Robin's Nest

Monday, May 22, 2017

Fuel For Life



So, tell me, what gets your motor running? In bygone times they would ask, what turns your crank, thank you Mr. Ford. But really, is there something in your life that spins your heart just a little bit faster? Some people get all excited about going somewhere. It’s the excitement of this past weekend when they head up to the cottage for the first time.
Others just love to get out in the garden and turn the soil and plant the vegetables or annuals. Kids get excited about things that excite them more so than adults who unfortunate seem to always say, “been there done that”. How sad. Still others get excited about sports, cars, new clothes, decorating the house or even their jobs. 
In life there will always be that fuel that gets our motor running at full speed. I remember a time when we could go out to the airport and buy aviation fuel with octane level of 100. And we did, to fuel up our muscle car. What an adrenaline rush. (Don’t tell anyone).
Back to the question. What is it that gets you going? Think about it. My wife on a number of occasions has told me, she can tell when I’m all fired up because my voice goes up. I know this to be true because I’m a bit like Paul who was energized by the power of God and all fired up to tell everyone he met about Jesus.So, think, is Jesus one of your fuels?
It can be the same for each one of us. Jesus Christ can be the fuel that energizes us. Paul wrote about it when he talked of the power of the resurrection. I get excited when I have the opportunity to talk about Jesus, to talk with Him personally and to see the power of God move the mountains I only stare at. 
My prayer is that all of us may know this exhilaration and power, and that it will be the number one entity in our life that stirs our hearts and brings an excitement as you smile at knowing Jesus.
Something to think about
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home