Robin's Nest

Monday, May 15, 2017

Something New (to me)



Solomon may have said there is nothing new under the sun but, he’s no entirely right.  Have you ever discovered something under the sun that you didn’t know about? One of my favourite sayings is, “I didn’t know that”. How about you, have you ever said that lately? Or you were going to say it but were afraid you might sound dumb so you didn’t say anything?
There is always something new to your mind and eyes. You just have to keep your eyes & ears open. For instance, I heard a strange bird singing yesterday as I sat outside on our back deck. It sounded so beautiful. Never have I heard it before. Just last Friday, my neighbour had told me he saw a bird he had not seen in many many years. I told him I had never seen one ever, that is until yesterday.
I did everything I could to get a glimpse of the bird that was singing so beautifully.  Then, finally narrowing it down to the apple tree I watched and watched, until, there it was, full of song and colour. It was a Baltimore Oriole.  It was almost as if I was star stuck. I watched the bird for a few moments until it flew away. I have never seen one until now. The best part, the Oriole came back and I had the opportunity to see it again.
I believe God wants to show us new things each and every day. He shows it in our world. Just like sunrises and sunsets. I even had someone write me about the sunrise this past week. We both saw the amazing hand of God paint the sky before our eyes. He also shows Himself in the people who surround us in life. The best place He shows us new things is when He continually shows new things each day about Himself as we seek Him and look for Him in the person of His Son Jesus Christ.
What did you hear or see today from God? And by the way, five minutes later a Grosbeak came to eat at my bird feeder three meters from my chair. I’m still looking, are you?
Something to think about
Rob  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home