Robin's Nest

Monday, September 19, 2016

Where Have All The Birdies Gone?



It was so very quiet last evening as I sat quietly on the front porch. The sounds I heard most were the crickets rubbing their legs together, the odd sparrow chirping. Well, that’s about it. It made me realize the birds have flown the coop. Or should I say, they have started their journey south.

I even decided to go looking for the birds. Sparrows yes but little else. No Gold Finch, no Purple Finch, no Nuthatch. Not even a Blue Jay or Cardinal. I thought it might be the time of day until off in the distance I finally heard a Cardinal peeping. Sat a little while with my neighbour and we together talked about it. He said he had just seen a hummingbird the day before and almost on que, there he was, drinking in the sweet nectar of our Rose of Sharon blossoms. I felt better.  

Now, again sitting alone, I’m think more about it, about missing something and not able to find it. I realize there are times in our lives when we notice changes or miss something in our life. Or we just miss what we had and go looking for it. My bible tells me in, Jeremiah 29:13  "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart".

There are indeed times when we realize we are missing the presence of God in our life. Seems like just yesterday we were so close to the God who made us, loves us and cares for us more that we care for ourselves. Now, well, we realize life got in the way. We took a few Sundays off now and again and it stretched into weeks and seems to have stretched to what now feels like a lifetime. It's on days like this one, when we will realize we miss Him. We miss the conversations, being together. Then and only then will we decide we are going to find Him once more.

Maybe that day is today.

Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home