Robin's Nest

Monday, August 29, 2016

Driving Aimlessly In The Dark



Do you ever have your mind wander while you are just driving along minding your own business? It happened to me the other day while I was driving in the dark at 5:03am on the QEW. Here I am, just going along and bam, I started thinking about where all these other people might be going this early in the morning. Isn’t 5:03am the time to be in bed just thinking about getting up? The sun wasn’t even up yet.

Here is what I started thinking. Some are probably going to work and they are letting their minds wander on what they are going to do once they get out of work nine hours in the future. Others, just blankly listen to the tunes. At that time of the morning, I don’t even think anyone is singing along to “Who Let the Dogs Out”. That is when I noticed a plate on the back of a car that read, Iowa. They must be on holidays but what’s the hurry to be up and going that early. Oh wait, I do the same thing. Make lots of time when there is less traffic. But maybe they are thinking about how far they can drive today.

That is when God stepped in and started redirecting my thinking. We all may ask ourselves where are we are going? It’s who we are as humans always looking to the future. It’s another thing we think about as we blankly drive through our day. It’s about tonight, tomorrow, next week, even next month. Why some are even thinking about what’s happening next year.

Which had me asking, ultimately, where are all these people going? Where am I going? We decided to go on a long trip this year and the first thing we did was call our cousin and ask if they would like a visitor for a few days. She wrote, “I will prepare a place for you. Jesus said, “I am going to prepare a place for you…” I believe there is a real place called Heaven and that is the place Jesus was talking about. We don't have to travel this life in the dark. After all Jesus told us that He is the light of the world. And, if He has prepared a place for you, for me, am I, are you, ready to go there? Have we called ahead?

Something to think about

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home