Robin's Nest

Monday, April 11, 2016

Small or Big, Give It To Him



Most of us are affected by the myriad of little things in life and we tremble when the little things join together like an army and disarm us and we get lost as we try to migrate through life’s inconveniences. Statistics tell us 92% of the little things never amount to a hill of beans and in most cases disappear before we can fix them. Then again there are others of us that forget about the little things and attack with great gusto the big things of life. You will be one or the other.
Well, this week I decided to work on both at the same time. I decided to first concentrate on more important things for a change. I started by pushed aside worrying about winter weather in April. After getting rid of the small annoyance I also decided not to listen to the news. After all, some of it can be a real downer. I was feeling better by 7am. Worked at it and calmed myself enough to not worry about those impolite drivers who, if they had started out ten minutes earlier wouldn’t be winding in and out of traffic. I just said to them through the window, “go get’m buddy”. Five minutes later I pull up beside him and just smile.
As I sat there smiling to myself I remembered one of my Bible College professors who taught me more about the Christian life than I think he even realized. One day, he interrupted himself as he started to reply to a question with startling clarity. In answering the question he clarified our role under God.  He told the class that years ago he learned to let God deal with the big thing.
He told us at one time he worried about world peace and wars and the country’s economy.  Now, he said he deals with the small things,(not little things) like, what car to buy, where to live, what to teach in ‘Hebrew’ class. Then he leaves all the big things to God and as far as he could figure, it was working out quite well thank you very much. Thank you Mr. Simmons.
That night I went to sleep knowing God stays up all night watching over me. During my day, I put away 92% of those other worries and concerned myself with getting to know Him better.
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home