Robin's Nest

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Secrets?


I've got a secret.  Do you want to hear it? Then again we all have secrets. So I ask you, what are you hiding?  Do you hold a secret you wish no one will ever find out?  Remember when you were a child and you did something wrong. Maybe broke that brand new toy? So you hid it under the bed, in the bottom of a drawer in your dresser, even under the mattress. Just think about this for a second, never hide food under the mattress. Just believe me. You hid it because you were afraid someone would find out.

Hiding secrets is nothing new and it's not just something children do. Unfortunately this still occurs throughout our life times. Yes, even with adults. Hopefully you are not still breaking your toys. Everyone of us has something we wish and pray no one ever finds out about. We do. Don’t deny it. So we hide it from everyone. In many cases we have our hiding places. In our minds, in our hearts. It’s always something we are not proud of. Now don’t get me wrong, none of these secrets are earth shattering, world stopping secrets. Maybe our world will change if someone finds out, but earth shattering, not likely. Life changing possibly.
Think about this as well. No matter what we have done, and I include myself, God knows. WHAT! Yes, God knows. We can hid nothing from His gaze. It doesn’t matter how dark it is, God has seen it and watched us. Turn all the lights out, He still sees. Cover it with ........ blankets, God sees. And He is sad.
Even in this place we don’t want to be or remember, know that God is a forgiving God. A loving God who is saddened by our actions, but He still forgives. The scripture is full of failures, what makes us think we are any different. How about David and a naked lady... What about Peter and a noisy rooster.  This is what I read; “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness”. 1 John 1:9
That’s the God I love and serve. I know He has forgiven me many times. And He may not be finished hearing me confess my sins. But I know, he has and will forgive. My role is to come to Him with pain in my heart, tears in my eyes, and seek to never have to bow before Him about the repeating that secret ever again. Is that something you need to do? Don't wait, He knows.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home