Robin's Nest

Monday, July 19, 2010

Pass It On

I know you know this but I will say it anyway. We are all good at something. Yes we are. This past Sunday I had opportunity to interact with one of the young girls at church. I asked her what her favourite subject was. Her reply, Phys. Ed. Now I’m not very good at sports. I thought I was at one time and then I accepted the inevitable and just ran. After all I was getting good at running from things.
While studying education I learned we need to encourage students to excel in their favourite subject, and all the rest will take care of themselves. So, I let her know. Then I showed her my marks from school. After seeing my marks I believe she thought I needed help . . . By the way, they did get better.
But isn’t it great to have something that we grow to be really good at? My dad had no idea what he wanted to be after the war, but he knew he loved to work with his hands. His solution we to enroll in the government trade’s program and learned to be a carpenter. He was very adept at doing anything with wood. Me, I would have to say I’m good at making sawdust and getting slivers. Practiced making sawdust for years and will be going out on the front porch this week to make some more.
But seriously, all of us have something extra ordinary that we are good at. It could be cooking, wood work, organizing or sales. There are others out there who can do anything with computers and others who love to grow wonderful flower gardens. I was told a long time ago that to discover your life long occupation is to find something you love to do so much you would do it for free. Then get someone to pay you to do it. I’m living that dream today, are you?
As I talked with this young lady on Sunday, I encouraged her, if she loves sports that much to pursue it and then take her love of sports and instill in others the same love. What and amazing thing to accomplish. To take what you know and pass it on.
God has asked us to do the same thing. In our minds and hearts He has placed a spiritual gift. It is the ability to do something extra ordinary for His kingdom. Yes, God has given to each one of us a gift He wants us to use for Him. One special ability that we are so good at, no one else would be able to do it as well as we can. He wants us to take that gift, to use it and share it with someone else who will take over from us in building the kingdom.
The second thing we received from God, which is actually the greatest gift, is His unending love. A love He has asked us to share. As we internalize His love, it motivates us to share it with everyone we know. When we use our gift, and share His love, we fulfil what He has called us to do and accomplish. How about you? Sing with me;
I wish for you my friend, this happiness that I’ve found.
You can depend on Him, it matters not where you’re bound.
I’ll shout it from the mountain top - PRAISE GOD
I want the world to know; the Lord of love has come to me,
I want to pass it on.
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home