Robin's Nest

Monday, May 10, 2010

Part Of The Family


Sunday was such a great day. It is one day in many where we appreciate mothers. After dinner and dishes that the mother’s didn’t have to do I settled onto the computer, only to be met by two emails about family tree stuff. Two men I have not communicated with before, sent me some information I was looking for in relationship to one of the many family tree lines I am researching.
Well . . . the one fellow has twelve hundred names and lives in Portsmouth UK. What a bonus. I’m really getting into checking his names, and dates and differences of his information against mine. You can spend hours on this but I didn’t because I wanted to read the other persons email. He to had a myriad of information including a multi paged document on lots of family information. Include in it was something I found very interesting. He had transcribed a will signed in 1830. What an amazing piece of information. This had me returning to the conversation earlier between those here at the house about having a will. If you don’t have one, go and get one right away.
But back to the research. Some of you may also be interested in this family tree stuff. Learning about where you come from and how you arrived where you are. It can be interesting and informative. I have many names on my family tree. Most of them I have never heard of or seen but we are all connected. I find it facinating and I enjoy the hunt for the next name, then next person and the next place.
Let me tell you, if you know Jesus like I know Jesus, we are all part of the family of God. He is our Father and we are His sons and daughters. We will all inherit the kingdom of God. It’s ours. He has adopted us and we are eternally His. An interesting thing about all this adoption thing, there are no spiritual grandchildren. We all have to make our own personal connection to God. We have to admit our sin, ask forgiveness and accept Christ into our hearts on our own. No one can do this for us. And when we do, God accepts us into His Family and we can all sing this hymn together.

From the door of an orphanage to the house of the King
No longer an outcast, a new song I can sing
From rags to riches, from the weak to the strong
I’m not worthy to be here but praise God I belong

I’m so glad I’m a part of the family of God
I’ve been washed in the fountain
And cleansed by His blood
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod
For I’m a part of the family
The family of God

Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home