Robin's Nest

Monday, March 02, 2009

Good News!

The head of the weather here in Canada has just told us this week, that winter is not over. Thanks. We needed to hear that. Why couldn’t he have just said, “Spring will be here soon”. It’s a lot easier to take that. When it comes to bad news, we don’t want to hear it. This is bad news to me but maybe it’s good news to others.
I like good news. It’s going to warm up this week. YAH!! I like it! Don’t tell me about the weekend. Give me at least a couple of day of good news. I have even stopped watching the weather channel. Not that it depresses me but, if it is bad news and cold I can take it better if it just happens and I deal with it at the time. Sort of like not wanting to know the bad news until it happens.
It’s not like that with God. He told us that Christ won! Things will come in life that we really don’t want to have to go through. That’s the bad news and we can deal with it when it comes. So no matter what comes our way, we walk on to the victory march into heaven. We can approach the bad news in life because we have a heaven to go to. He said it, “I go to prepare a place for you... you will be with me there.” Great News in a Bad News world.
Do you know the good news of Jesus Christ. He came and died to pay for your sins. He paid it all, and all to Him I owe. We are forgiven and that my friend is the good news. Now and forever.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home