Robin's Nest

Monday, February 23, 2009

Live and Laugh - at the same time.

Here is another line for you. Don’t know where it came from as I spend too much time on the computer reading day in and day out. But I thought this one quite good. So, here it is: “Live the Christian life even when no one is watching.” So I ask you, does He show. HA. You thought I was going to say, does IT show. It’s not about showing how good we are, how perfect we are, heaven knows we’re not. It’s not even about making an impression that sticks out like a sore thumb slammed in a car door. You only do that once. When you get there, you have not arrived but you have reached a point in your journey where you are who you are only because of Him. And He shows. Living the Christian life is all about living a life that has a centrality in Him. And when it is there, it shows in how you live your life. It shows in the way you look at things, the way you handle everything that comes your way. It reminds me of another line that I have here on the computer. If you are visiting a church or looking for a new church to attend, one of the things you need to look for is, “Do you hear laughter while you are there?” I also have thought about that one for a while. Now don’t take this wrong. We don’t laugh at the seriousness of life and getting to the end. We laugh in life to help us get to the end. No one is looking. Does Jesus show through anyway? A few weeks ago I was out with a friend for lunch. It was one of those good time lunches. They always are when we get together. Discussing this . . . talking about that. Wondering about . . . and even finding answers as we laughed a little too loudly at times. We have learned over the time we have spent together, not only to talk a lot but listen just as intently. You could say that we were in the zone. So here we were, lunch gone and the dishes cleared away with only our water glasses and here comes the bill. We take turns and I know it’s his turn next. The waitress came and set the bill down on the table and retreated. This establishment’s policy is to write a card and place it in with the bill. Usually it’s, “Have a nice day,” “Thanks for coming by” or something inane. So I toss the card off to my friend and go about digging down deep into my moth infested wallet. I hear him say as he hands the card back, “you need to read this.” Putting on my glasses we read these words, “He make me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.” Live your Christian life even when no one is watching, because maybe they are and they need to see Him to. Something to think about
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home