Robin's Nest

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Just Scratching My Head

I think I will just quit! I’m really not that good at some things. I know, I know, you’ve known it for a long time but were afraid to tell me. Kidding aside, I really am not that good on knowing some things. I’ll give you an idea of what I am talking about. Most mornings I sort of listen to a tv program where they talk about whose birthday it is today. Unfortunately, almost every time, I have no idea who they are talking about let alone how old they are. Hey, I don’t know the difference between Jessica Simpson and that other girl from the hotel chain. Oh, yah, something Hilton, Paris Hilton! That’s her! Now don’t get me wrong, but I do try. I try to know who they are talking about and match a face to a name. Sometimes I cheat by looking the birthdays up in the paper before they ask. That still doesn’t help much. I have even humored myself and tried to guess their ages but . . . but I don’t know who they are talking about! Who is that guy who plays, . . . never mind? Doesn’t matter anyway because I will forget again by lunch time. You might be the same as me and then again, you might be like my wife who knows most if not all of them. She reads the People magazine and knows most of them and I look at the celebrity page every day in the paper to no avail. I just read it an hour ago and I have no idea who was talked about other then Whitney Houston and the girl in American Idol 2004 who, I CAN’T REMEMBER HER NAME!!! Hang on. It’ll come to me. NO IT WON’T! But you know who I am talking. She played in the movie about Diana Warwick. HA, there’s two people I can remember. Two out of three isn’t bad, is it? Ask me my bank card number is? Got that. All the telephone numbers that I have ever had? Got them to. I can even remember my Sears card number from 35 years ago. But names to faces, that’s hard. I have been like this all my life so I am not expecting to get any better any time soon. But you know some wonderful news. Jesus knows my name, and your name and your name and everyone’s name. He knew us before we were born when He “knit us together in our mother’s womb.” Isn’t that wonderful? Aren’t you glad? Won’t it be wonderful when we get to the pearly gates and Jesus is there and he calls us by name and says, “Come into your rest my good and faithful child . . .” And, I know His name! Do you? Something to think about. Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home