Robin's Nest

Monday, August 12, 2019

Measurable, Achievable Timely


With school starting in a few weeks we all need to know we are all winners.  Sure, you can buy a lottery ticket and you have just bought a ticket to win a chance to buy another one. Then if you go to an auction, you win the chance to up your bid again until no one wants it more than you.

We can also be a winner at life. If we get a focus and work at it with all our heart, we will get to the goal. If it’s to have lots of money etc., than we need to never get distracted from reaching for the stars. Well, maybe not the stars because, if you get there, they can be pretty hot, and you would be pretty old. Maybe that’s the analogy we want to think it as attainable.

Many of us start out young and ready to take on the world. I was like that, and some people thought I was just a dreamer. They actually thought I was crazy. After all, we were not the richest family in the neighbourhood. You probably know this but it’s worth saying, ‘without dreams, we have nothing to strive for’. When I was young I joined the army cadets. I was two months short of my 12th birthday. My goal was to be the cadet in charge. Never taking my focus off that, it happened. Next, I wanted to join the infantry and I did. Not long after two years of that I found another focus and it was in the band (that's me in the middle right between the right two drums). I did that, well until another better, bigger, bolder focus came along. And I was on a role of winning!

Each successive focus moves us to greater things. You should know that God will be in this born to win mentality. He really is. Paul talked about it in Philippians when he shared with all of us about his many focuses he was winning. His final goal was to know Christ and the power found in the resurrection. He strove to get better and better finding his focus, until he realized that knowing Christ was the ultimate goal his heart and life strove to win. What’s yours? Paul leaves us with an earth shatter goal.   “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.” That my friend is winning.

Take hold of His hand and realize it’s something to really think about.

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home