Robin's Nest

Monday, July 01, 2019

Someone From The Past


One of the beautiful things about holidays is, you get time to reconnect.  Sometimes you have not seen or talked to people you know for a long time and the quieter summer avails us the opportunity to see family and friends once more. Sometimes it’s been a long while. Other times it may just seem like a lifetime ago when you saw each other last.

Just recently I ran into someone from the past. Haven’t had opportunity to connect often and even this time, it seemed so brief. Right now, you might be thinking of someone you have not seen for a while. Maybe the person that comes to mind is a family member, a former close friend or even, way back in those long forgotten school days.

At graduation time, I think of school. Had a few schools in my time. We moved a number of times so I can count, eight up until graduating high school. That means eight groups of individuals who walked together for a moment in time. Some of them still pop up in my mind at times like these.

Then I start to think about people I have grown to know in the churches I have been in. There were seven of those in my first sixteen years of life. Even more churches after I accepted God’s call on my life. I still fondly remember many, many people over these years. I remember, like in school, learning so much from other people.

One important lesson I learned from one individual on this journey was (or should I say ‘is’) “Never let God become a connection of the past.” We may walk away from others but God is not one we should ever consider someone of the past. He is present, He is here. He is not across the country where you have to travel. If you have disconnected with Him, maybe it’s time to call out His, He is near and easy get to know once again.

Something to think about.

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home