Robin's Nest

Monday, August 05, 2019

Christmas In July


I was to the store the other day, well, actually it was July 30th. I assumed it would be one of those days when I would be seeing a lot of stuff for 'back to school'. Sure enough there they were; and lots of them. Books to backpacks, paper to pencils, calculators to computers. Just as expected, not a kid in sight. There was lots of stuff and only a few parents wandering around with really not too much in their cart.
No sooner did I see all this stuff, then right behind them I took notice of a whole wall of - ready - fall decorations! Yes, I said, fall decorations. Sure I've seen lots of fall stuff over the years, especially with apples, and apricots at the front of the church with all those fake fall leaves. And I guess I was expecting to see lot of this array of fall colours. Still, I don’t think I’m quite ready for the fall stuff just yet. Not to say, I was put off by it, after all, we have to start sometime.
I motored on and around the next corner what should I see?  But a boat load of Halloween stuff. How nice to see everyone getting ready to celebrate my birthday so soon? That's nice. Or is it? Its three months away. When I was a kid, my mom wouldn't ever think about costumes until, well, the night before. But that was back before people went to a store to buy the costume. Sisters dressed like dad and the boys dressed like ladies. Got the pictures to prove it.
Just getting over the shock of the Halloween isle when, another surprise greeted me. Or should I say, almost tripped over this big display right in the middle of the isle. Yes people, there were four huge boxes right there for everyone to see, boxes of tubes of 'Christmas wrapping paper'. I couldn't believe my eyes. What is this about? Its five months ahead of time! It's crazy don't you think?
But then again, maybe it could be a ‘Christmas in July,’ sale or something. Or just maybe there is always a time to remember Jesus came to redeem us all from sin. It was God's way of reaching down to us in love. He wants us to know Him. So, He sent His Son to redeem us and bring us back to a everlasting relationship with Him. In doing so, we can never get tired of being reminded of the Jesus who first appeared as the baby Jesus, our Saviour, in a manger.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home