Robin's Nest

Monday, July 08, 2019

A Lot Of Buzzz


I’m really getting into my new hobby. Simply put, BEEs. With the help of Bill, Catherine, and Jack, I’m learning what it’s all about. The bees showed up about four weeks ago and this week I had the opportunity to take my beehives apart to see how the bees are doing. Now I know where the line came from, "busy as a bee". They were working away all over the place in the hive and they didn’t even notice I was there.

This past Saturday I drove out to see Bill and get some more equipment that was needed right away as the hive was getting over crowded. This time I took it upon myself to double the size of the hive. Again, they didn’t give me second look. They were totally fixated on their role and what they had to do. You see, every single bee has a specific task and they never stop working on that one task.

They fly out, get what they need and get back and install it. Then, out again. It can be the waxy substance for the cones that hold eggs or honey. Or looking for pollen and all that goes into making honey, The best part, our cousins over home call it, 'the bees knees'. What a beautiful thing to watch.  Here they are flying back in, making their contribution. They would walk in and go to work, many times crawling over each other and just going for it, going to accomplish their God given task – and undoubtedly loving every second of it.

So, how about us? God gave each of us a ministry to accomplish for Him. Are we working at it? I would think that is how God wants us to walk in life. Emulating what we see with these bees doing time & time again. When we do, we are not part of a hive, but church. And just like the bees that make more than they need, the world gets the overflow.

Something to think about.

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home