Robin's Nest

Sunday, January 06, 2019

Messenger

We live in a world that can't wait. Everything in our life is fast, especially the computer that is getting faster and faster. They measure in mill-seconds. Well, except messenger. But, I thing I know how messenger notices work.  You get them, we all get them.  I wish people would just stay with what works. You know, you go on your computer and go to your mail account and click. It's that fast to read your emails. Well, that was until messenger comes along. What used to take less than one second shows up as an email that you have open and then do a few more clicks, then it takes time to load and then you sometimes have to click again.  You get the idea. So why create something that takes more time?
Wasn't it good enough to just click once and read? Even when I got on the computer just now, all I did was click three times with the last click 'compose'.  One more click and this comes to you in you inbox and there you have it. Oh, I forgot, each page has all those advertisements. Right now it's for a new Honda Accord that when you click on it, it takes you to 2016 'new' car and the other advert is EGENCIA - business travel which reads: 3 Swipes 2 clicks 1 solution. Really? And I don't travel for business. Okay, here's the thing. There is only one thing that I know is so important I don't have to jump through hoops or do a bunch of stuff to have some important contact.
You see, we all want things faster but didn't I just remind you that new is not better or faster. Even with messenger it is taking time.
We want everything faster, clearer, simpler, etc. And it's not just relegated to computers. It's with everything in our souped up world. Well almost everything.
We are so so fortunate there is one, just one part of life that is faster. It is faster, clearer, efficient and truthful. Here you are, close your eyes, focus on what you perceive Christ to look like and start talking.
Make sense to me
Something to think about
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home