Robin's Nest

Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve Morning


Are you ready?  Many of us write a list of things to do, items to buy, places to go and people to see. You knew that but I thought you might need to have a reminder. It’s Christmas Eve. Those who planned ahead are done and settling down for a quiet relaxing evening. Long time ago, if Christmas was on a Monday, you had to be done on Saturday at 6pm. No store was open on Sunday back then. It took planning back them to arrive on time.
Am I ready? Me, well, not so much ready.  I would say, yes and no. Most everything has been taken care of and I didn’t see myself going into any stores today but. . . I remember back a long time ago, my mother and I used to go out on Christmas Eve morning and just walk along snow covered streets and through stores, stand with our noses to the glass of Eaton's window and, well, just watch people. It was just a wonderful time with nothing to do but walk around, say, ‘Merry Christmas’ and see and share a smile.
Interestingly, I believe this year more than any year needs someone to go around and smile, say, “Merry Christmas”, and mean it. I love all the decorations, the lights, trees and presents just as much as the next person. But for me, what is most important has never been in a store for sale. There is no glamour or glitter to sugar coat what can’t be bought.
The most wonderful thing about the most important part of Christmas is – we can all receive it. Yes, it’s free! My bible tells me that ‘to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as God’s one and only Son will give each of us all the hope, peace, love and joy that any person could possible want or need.  Then ask yourself if you cup is full.
Jesus is the gift that will fill all our desires and move us on to a life that is full and rich. Don’t count your presents or what they are worth. Count the cost to Jesus to come and bring life and light to us now at Christmas and all the year through.
Merry, Happy Christmas to all of you.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home