Robin's Nest

Monday, October 22, 2018

The Easy Way Out Is Not The Easy Way.


It’s easier to stop doing what you are trying to do and do nothing. We all can relate to giving up. Sometimes we are tired and sometimes we just don’t think what we are doing is what we should be doing. Can you remember when your parents brought a bike home for you? You jumped on it and tried and tried to ride it. After all that effort, it just wasn’t working. So, you ran in the house crying believing you will never ride a bike for the rest of your life.
It was at that moment, mom, dad or both showed up in your room - just to talk. Sitting on the bed, they asked how you were feeling and you told them! Really told them about trying and failing and just so discouraged you never wanted to see that bike again. “Take it back! I don’t want it”. You see, the bike, like many other items can be a reminder of your inability get something done. Or so you think.
Mom & dad let you know they believed in you. They knew you could learn to ride and ride well. They offered to help you, no matter how long it took. They walked beside you and ran beside you and when the moment finally arrived, they let go of the seat and you were riding all on your own. YES!
There is a similar experience in what Christ does with us. Many times I have sat in a pastor’s office and said to myself, “I’m done!” Most other ministers get there as well. We question ourselves; we question what we are doing and how we are doing it. We even think the reason people don’t come to church anymore is our fault. Then we ask ourselves if we can even survive. Most adults have gone through times like this. Those parents of the child who gave up, they lived through their own times of giving up. We were there at one time or another but we got back on the seat and tried again and again.
Interestingly enough God talks to us about something like this when we read in 2 Corinthians 12:9; ’But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  
Sometimes, we need to lean on Him. Because, “I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me.” is absolutely true.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home