Robin's Nest

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Going Home


Have you ever planned to go somewhere and decided at the last minute you didn’t want to go?  Me to. And now that you mention it, it is happening more often the older I get. You get an invitation to a party and you say yes and then that day, you back out. What’s with that?
I used to say yes all the time and then show up early and help with the preparations. Now I stay home and help with the dishes. Maybe it has something to do with where it is and who it’s with. Sometimes your heart is not in it due to people, places and things. Of course those are the three things I told people that I hated in life.
In the ministry I have heard it all. And those three things are mentioned from people who formerly attended church regularly. The one difference is, people start to distance themselves but taking the odd Sunday off. Over time, you take more time off than you attending and before you know it, you don’t attend anymore. Here is one thing I say to people, “If you would feel embarrassed to invite someone to join you at church, then find somewhere where you like to go and want to invite family or friends.”
The bible tells us to fellowship with each other. That means, when we get together we share in all that church involves and means to the beauty of life. Have you ever wondering why churches are dying? It’s not due to loss of faith, but the loss of a place of worship that you can call ‘home’. I love to invite people to our home & also to our church. How about you?
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home