Robin's Nest

Monday, July 02, 2018

Never Alone


Before many of you go off to the great unknown, let me say, have a wonderful summer.  A number of you have plans. In fact I would hazard a guess that this vacation has been in the works for a long time. So go places, see things, have fun. Just go and enjoy your time away. Others of us just decide to get up and go somewhere at the spur of the moment. That too is fantastic. Not too far and yes, you can sleep in your own bed that night.

This is a wonderful time of the year for most of us. And even as you go places, don’t neglect your growing in Christ. Just over a week ago I went out on our back deck and just sat. Decided that I needed some time to myself. With a hand full of bird seed, I sat and just watched all that was going on in our back yard. There were six types of birds coming to eat, Catalpa blooms slowly dropping off the tree and adding white to the grass and the smell of popcorn to the air.

In the midst of this peace and quiet, wouldn’t you know it, God showed up and we talked. We talked about you and me and what's happening today. He changed the subject asking what my plans were. I knew He was interested. Then He asked what I liked best in those moments watching the birds, squirrels, chipmunks and stray cats. I thought about lots of what I saw but then I realized the best gift He gave me was Him showing up. Then I thought of asking Him the same question. But my insecurities held me back and I was afraid to ask. Maybe He thought it was us showing up to worship Him each Sunday.

Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home