Robin's Nest

Monday, June 25, 2018

Now, Where Are Those Glasses?


Many of you older individuals might have noticed how some things in your body, no longer works the way they used to. You might walk a little slower, or you might have to wait for the coffee to kick in before you can joyfully get moving in the morning. I can name a lot more but that should give the younger adults reading this article a glimpse of things to come.
I remember when my doctor said to me, “You’re at the age you know”. I didn’t know there was an age when things within us stop functioning as they always had. For me it started with my eye sight. Just to read I had to buy the dollar store ‘cheater’ glasses. Fortunately the optometrist told me about ten years ago that my sight would not change much now. Good, that helps as other things start to go on permanent holiday.
When I started working on clocks and watches I bought a pair of those headgear vision googles. They’re great. They have double lenses so I can see almost everything and there is also a bonus, LED lights. It’s almost as if I’m young again, well, vision wise that is.
All of this reminds me of a verse that talks about God’s sight. Jeremiah 23:24 goes like this; “Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?” declares the Lord. “Do not I fill heaven and earth?” declares the Lord. We can’t hide from Him but this is a good thing as well, because He is watching out for you and for me every second of our lives. And that sounds wonderful.
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home