Robin's Nest

Thursday, May 03, 2018

Age Is Just A Number?


There are good things and bad things about getting old. First off, one good thing is you realize you can say most anything you want because you don’t care anymore. You have always had things to say, but didn’t because of . . . . you fill in the blank.
Another good thing about getting old is you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to. The older we get the more fulfilled we are with saying no to doing things that we once had to do. Not anymore. I love those two lines I have now, “I don’t feel like doing that”. And the other one, “No”.  You see, now is the time to do the best you can with what you have. That my friend is the wisdom we have acquired as we matured, and maturity has nothing to do with getting old.
Unfortunately, with age, we also have shortcomings due to age and moving a little slower as the years pile up. Something parts of us that worked well for years, start to break down and that is not much fun, especially with the mind. We discover that fingers or hips or knees can’t do what they used to. I really realized this one day when I tried to do something I had not tried in a while, run. I laughed at myself.
So, what do we do? We sit down in a nice comfortable chair and have people come to us. It’s a captive audience that we can stories to and the most wonderful stories are those that let everyone know that God loves us and He will love them if they just get to know Him like we have. Proverbs 16:31, "Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness".
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home