Robin's Nest

Monday, April 30, 2018

Getting Across The Street


One of the most difficult experiences that we encounter in life is wrapped up in one work, discipline. Right away, when we hear that word we envision so many instances where we suffered the consequences that came when we messed up in some way and there were costs and or penalties.
Many times it hurt. Just like when my mother inflicted corporal punishment on me for not doing what I was told. Some people, Freud included, would say I grew close to my mom so I wouldn’t have to suffer as much. Hogwash. I don't look at it that way. I look at all the times God makes rules as those times He know what will happen if we don’t follow His guidelines. I know I wasn't the easiest child to raise and I look at what she did in light of what God does with us. He corrects us so we won't feel the pain that life can give us if we decide to live any way we want.  I just read this; "one of the most important things we can do for our children is to model the person we would want them to be." God did just that and continues to do it each and every day of our lives.
Remember being told at a very early age to look both ways before crossing the street. Good rule to live by and a poor consequence if you didn’t. Get the picture? There are times that I wonder how I got through life. My two parents taught me many things about life and getting through. But they knew all about it, because they had been through it themselves. Life is not always easy and we need someone to show us the way.
Lucky for us we have God and our bibles to help show the way. Parents all, want the best for us and God as our Father, shows us the way to get through life with the least amount of pain.   After all, didn't Jesus say it best of all:  "I am the way..."
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home