Robin's Nest

Monday, June 19, 2017

"What Are You Thinking?"



Have you ever been sitting watching people, say at the mall, and ask yourself, ‘I wonder what they are thinking?’ Of course we probably will never find out. And for those you love, who you catch day-dreaming, you can ask the same question. Most of the time we get, “Nothing really.” That’s not a good answer especially when you know something is on their mind and they definitely have something going around in circles in all that grey matter.
I know it might sound crazy but I wonder about God. I wonder what He is thinking as He looks down on us. He may be looking down on the whole of His masterpiece and thinking to himself. Does He look at us with a stern look? Or is there a hint of a faint smile every now and again as He watches every move of His greatest creation? No, I don’t believe in the theory of evolution, especially when it’s been around for over 150 years and it’s still not been proven.
Here is what I think. He said He knew our every thought, before we opened his mouth. It’s on days like that, while I am praying, that I could be better at what I am doing when I call myself His child. Then I wonder if what I am involved with in my life brings a tear to His eye. And what is the tear for? Is it because He is moved that we are doing so well or a tear knowing that something is definitely wrong with how I am doing with my life? Maybe it’s because after I gave my life to His Son, I take it back every once and a while?
In the bible, there is a story about someone going and getting to heaven and God said to them, “Good and faithful servant, come into your rest.” For me, I pray I can bring a smile to the face of God. That He will be pleased that I am living up to the title of being called, His Child and a Christ Follower.
I pray we can all say, life may not be easy but with God it’s better than it has been.  After all I don’t know how I would feel if I asked God what He was thinking about me and He lowers His head in sadness.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home