Robin's Nest

Monday, June 05, 2017

Have a Seat





I’ve been doing something new lately. It isn’t earth shattering or anything like that. It’s more like a gentle push in a direction that I’m not used to going. After a very full week I took the opportunity to just go and sit down outside. Liked it so much I did it again the next day.
All this interest in quiet moments came out of watching a commercial on tv. You have to know that I mute almost all commercials. I don’t want what they are selling and don’t want to hear about a, “you deserve this” item. It was about all the electronics in the home that are on 24/7 and you can get a great deal having them all connected. You know the company.
Well, I turned them all off. I started with the computer, then the cell phone, the radio and the tv were already off. The only think I didn’t turn off was the land line. Walking out the back door of the house, I took the firsts chair and just sat down. I watched birds and squirrels, chipmunks the Canadian flag flying. Listened to the breeze and felt it on my face that was being warmed by the sun in the cloudless sky.
It felt so good. Ironically the land line started to ring and I let the answering machine take care of it.
Within a few moments my mind started to dance over many things that are part of my everyday life. The wandering mind gently settled on . . on God and what a beautiful life we have.  One think I didn’t think about was all the things I should have been doing. After all, we are human beings and not human doers. Didn’t take long until I started to like what I was doing, unlike how for years I have been a workaholic.
Then… I started to talk with God. Doesn’t our Bible tell us that we need to ‘be still and know that I am God’? I pray this can become, for all of us, a journey of taking time to just sit and have a conversation with the Father that loves us. It’s another journey where we take back our lives that are too full. A time to just sit back and just wait for Him to show up.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home