Robin's Nest

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Just Looking.

Do you realize that all of our lives we have something to look forward to? It’s true.  Just follow this with me.  Right after we have a huge bag of candy on Nov. 1st we start looking forward to Christmas. My wife even asks the kids for their wish lists at Halloween.  Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year closely followed by us settling into the cold of winter when we begin to look forward to seeing what the ground hog has to say. But we are not looking forward to that necessarily because only a couple of weeks later St. Valentine shows up. And our wonderful government decides to get into the act by giving us family day thank you very much.
Right on its heals is what every student from here to there prepare for and that is March Break. There are plans afoot on how to enjoy and make the most of this winter break. Florida? Maybe skiing? And now that it’s over, and the children are back to school we can look forward to Easter coming quickly. Easter bonnets, and clothes and of course another bag of chocolate and a couple more days off of school. What a life to suffer through. 
I love looking forward to things. And this life is really full of them as summer holidays come and Thanksgiving and again another bag of candy.
Mixed into this are all the personal things we look forward to: birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, first car, second car, first house, new snow blower - but that’s another story. The list goes on endlessly.
There are also things we look forward to that we don’t know when they are going to happen. It’s a waiting game. Will he call me again? Will he ask me to marry him? Will that company call me back and offer me the job? When will I be ready, mentally, physically, emotionally and financially to retire? Understand that you have at one time or another thought of when you knew something was coming, something was going to happen but you didn’t know when? My insurance company raised my rates because I have not had an accident in 30 years and according to them, my number is coming up?  That was five accident less years ago.
Yes our lives are full of something we are looking forward to or something we expect might happen. I believe we are very fortunate here in Canada to have something more important to look forward to and we don’t even notice because it comes along with exact regularity. We start all over again every Monday morning looking forward to going to church come next Sunday. Or we should be looking forward to going to church. At least I do. And that makes me wonder if you do to. I believe with all my heart that God is looking forward to seeing us there to bring Him our worship and show Him our love. I’m looking forward to church. Are you?
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home