Robin's Nest

Monday, December 06, 2010

Too Big Of A Smile


I stood there listening to a just awake teller saying, she loves the Christmas music for a while. And she said that as we listened to something about wanting a Hypo for Christmas. I can understand that. All retail people live, eat, and breath Christmas music day in and day out, nonstop for every hour they are working. For some, the sounds of Christmas start right after Halloween.
As I walked away, I wondered to myself, how many people who are really, totally excited about Christmas, still the same on Dec. Twenty second? No, I’m not talking about too much of a good thing. I’m just talking about being locked into Christmas all day, every day for a month or more.
So, I started to think about ways that all of us can make this year a better one for everyone we meet. I caught you humming Burl Ives song . . . I was too. The day after my encounter with that teller, I put it in practice. Yes, I went out of my way to smile and say hello to everyone I passed. Some of the carpenters at Home Depot and Lowes must have been caught by surprise. After a whole day of it, I was feeling so good. As I smiled my way thorough that day, I realized there must be a lot of unhappy people out there.
The next day, after analyzing what had happened, I directed my attention to people who looked down, both figuratively and physically. I would walk straight toward them so they would have to lift their heads and BOOM, there was this man with too big a smile, saying hello. I’m sure some thought I was a nut bar but, thank you Mars Bars, no nuts here.
I am having so much fun. I smile bigger then life and in return, I receive the same thing back. You see, I believe that we have an amazing Lord in our life and in our hearts. When we first met him for real, we smiled a lot and loved life. That same Lord of life is still there. Sometimes our life gets in the way and all the things that get us down. But I believe we can make our world a happier, more joyful place when we put on a smile and greet the day and the people in our day in an amazing wonderful way.
One day, when we get to heaven, I’m wondering, will we arrive to see a sea of smiles, so glad to see us? I think so. So, now it’s up to us, to go out there and smile so the world smiles with us. After all, the best gift on Christmas morning does not come gift wrapped, He comes in Glory and Majesty and Power and Love, and there is a smile on His face... and we smile back.
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home