Robin's Nest

Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's almost Christmas! Only a few days left. Each day we write a new page in the book that is our life. How are you going to write on these last few days of 2010? Every day we get out of bed we have a clean slate to write our life on. Some days there is more writing and other days, less. Some exciting days, some mundane and some sad. But each day is important in itself even though we have some days that are of extreme importance.
During a conversation just the other day I found myself listening to something many of us take for granted. Exiting the hospital doors I could tell all went well. It was quite the day for him and he had lots of writing on that days page in his life story. He talked endlessly about all that had gone on for the previous four hours and how it was a GREAT DAY.
To him, Dec 16th will be one of those great days to read about in his memory for years to come. We all have days like that. Days so filled, we could do nothing more then live in the moment filled with people and activities and even moments when we heard the voice of God saying . . . You alone know your great days. Cherish them. Never get tired of drifting back into your storehouse of amazing memories.
Now we stand just days away from Christmas and the beginning of a New Year. My question to all of us is, how are we going to spend our last moments of 2010? Oh, we could say we want to be productive and we want to be able to look back and remember our accomplishments. We might even want to relive the joy seen in others faces as they opened their Christmas gift. We want to remember another wonderful Christmas. Then there will be New Years. Almost a year ago we started a year with great expectations. Some of us even set goals or resolutions. Did you lose the weight? Did you stop smoking? Are you still walking each day and keeping healthy? Or can you even remember what you said you would do?
If truth is told, most of us didn’t accomplish much in this regard and I believe there is a reason. That reason is, the most important days of 2010 were predominantly, intimately connected to other people. And that my friend is the most amazing thing we can realize. We spend our time remembering birthdays, anniversaries, parties and Christmas. If you can, and I pray you can, join me in writing great things on our last pages of 2010. For the next few days I will write on my daily memory bank about who I saw and the people I talked to. The ones I shook hands with. The tellers at the bank. The lady at the drive through window. I will relish every opportunity God gives me to not only shake a hand, but to hug someone and forget my agenda if just for a moment so I can listen to the heart of someone else.
Jesus did it every day and He continues to stop by and listen to us. He hurts along with us just as well as cheering us on. When we smile, He smiles, when we have questions, He has answers. When we need some advice, He gives it if asked. He is like that and more. Makes me want to be like Jesus, if only for a few more days of 2010. I think I feel Him leaning over my shoulder reading what is written on my latest page.
Something to think about.
Merry Christmas to each and everyone
May your new year be filled with wonderful days, and warm cozy nights
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home