Robin's Nest

Monday, March 10, 2008

Life Is Changing

We could all ask ourselves, “What Happened?”. After all we take it for granted. We really do. We expect that our lives will be just the same tomorrow as it was yesterday. We still have a roof over our head. We still open the fridge and take out the milk to add to the coffee. Our pay or pension check will be there and life will be “good.”
For most folk’s life goes on and on and on. Little changes and we accept life as it goes along. Almost like water over Niagara. Think about that for a moment and then ask yourself, can I watch the water for a while without getting bored? We could say to ourselves, “It’s a Wonderful Life.” And it is. It really is. I see all the lives around me in two ways. One is recognized when it goes on and on, and is seen as boring. The other is exciting and people mix it up a little every day. Life does both as it moves forward in a direction we sometime have little say about.
In reality our lives change every day. We add something here and drop something there. Subtle changes. Changes that we sometime little realize until one day we wake up and say, “What happened?” A good many years ago I had a wonderful friend that I could talk to about anything. He did the same with me. Both of us were single and both of us had similar interests. Don could call me and we would talk for hours. There was a special bond. Then one day I woke up and realized, we had not talked for almost a year. Today, it has been more years then I can count. What happened?
Life is what happened. It got in the way and time passed before we knew it. We had such a great connection. We were on the same page. Then other more urgent things happened and they got in the way. We turned the page and forgot what was on the previous page. Just like reading a book and your mind wanders to the bird sitting on the window sill. And in a few minutes you forgot what you just read.
Many years ago, there was a time when other things got in my way. I had greater priorities then church. One Sunday missed once and in a while lead to two in a row and then before I knew it the “important” things of life took the place of church. The family went for 11 o’clock and I stayed home. I justified it by saying that I still believed and still prayed and still looked at the bible, (that really means that you notice it on the desk but don’t turn a page.)
Life gets in the way. It is wonder for me, and for all of us, that God waits for us to wake up and realize that our life is from Him. We turn back the pages and return to Him and the fellowship of His church. One day I woke up and asked myself “What Happened?”
Did you wake up today? Did you ask yourself the same question?
Something to think about
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home