Robin's Nest

Saturday, February 02, 2019

A Daily Walk


Are you getting tired of winter? Has Groundhog Day got you down? Many people are having these feelings as well as other symptoms that pertain directly to the weather outside. I know I do and not happy with getting cabin fever as well. Last week when it was really cold, I decided to just stay inside if I didn’t have to go out. Even though I was looking for something special to do.

It was nice in a strange sort of way to just sit and look out the window at the beautiful snow covered back yard. Even started thinking of spring that arrives in six week and all that sort of stuff. Unfortunately I was shaken from the dream and back to reality by my neighbour starting up his snow blower.  

They tell us we should always be working on a plan, and it’s a good time to start planning while we are cooped up inside. What do you want to do when the weather breaks? What are we going to do on March Break? Now that I have this done, what next is on the agenda or the list of things you need to accomplish? That’s another problem, always having things to do. But the best one is planning where you want to be in life next month, next year, even, where do you want to be five years from now?

I have a suggestion that you can start today. Remember the disciples who Christ called? Yes, those twelve fellows who put their life on hold to follow Jesus and learn things from Him. We may not be able to put our life on hold to follow Jesus like they did but I believe we can escape daily life for a number of minutes each day to walk close to Him and learn more and more every day.  We need to be doing this every day and could start it while we are on this side of that very cold window. This way, we can start working on where we want to be spiritually in a year, in five years.  Just like the song says: “Just A Closer Walk With Thee”.

Something to think about

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home