Robin's Nest

Monday, August 13, 2018

The Grandma Moses In You


I have a belief that everyone is creative. Yes, everyone. There isn’t one of you out there that isn’t in some way creative. Some can build a fence, carve wood, put together a garden, make wonderful squares or work on crafty things. We are all able to do things with your hands. All of our minds searches for new ways to create something amazing.
Now don’t tell me you don’t. A long time ago, a teacher friend of mine change my understanding of this when she told me the reason I couldn’t do something was because I never had the chance or was never given the opportunity. She continued, “If you think you have the abilities, then go out and do it”. No, didn’t need the Nike motto, but it fits. I said, ‘sure’ but later I went out and found out she was right and now I love creating pictures in children’s minds. I found a way to learn how to teach.
Okay, don’t tell me you are not good enough. Isn’t it too bad that we find excuses? Yes, I said excuses and not reasons. Remember Grandma Moses? She just wanted to paint and away she went. They call her $100,000+ paintings ‘primitive’. At first we all thought they were a little, well, different and we thought they would never sell.  Wrong.
How about you? Norma started painting a long time back and I have two of her pieces of art work that I treasure. You can do the same. Here is what I know. In Ephesians 2:10 we read, ‘For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do’.  Do you get that? God categorically put Christ and us in the same verse. And that connection is Christ creating us to create. God, yes God created in us skills to creative just like He has. Everything in the universe was created by Him. What are you creating in your universe?
Don’t say like I did, 'sure' and then forget this. If you haven’t found your God given, God created abilities yet, go look for them. If you want a challenge, I want you to search and discover it and write me back what you found. God will show you what you didn’t think was in you. And if you already know yours, write and tell me and then go look for others
Something to think about.
Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home